Friday, November 18, 2005

SoNG: Peace Camp Lullaby

Peace Camp Lullabye
Written by robin earth aka Robin Foster, Average Dyke Band, 1985
PeHP Source: PeHP GatherSing, 2008

"This song was written in 1985 after a long period of regular nightmares about US war in Central America, nuclear bombs, and violent men." 
   ~ robin

Sing me a lullaby, lull me to sleep
with a song of the womyn, a song I can keep
throughout the night and all through my dreams
until I awake to what the new morning brings

Cuz I'd rather dream of womyn
than of nuclear war or men
I'd rather dream of womyn
sisters lovers friends

The world is in turmoil from rich men's greed
Women and children so often in need
I'm living my days fighting these wrongs
but at night I still need a sweet sister song

Cuz I'd rather dream of womyn
than of hunger and violence again
I'd rather dream of womyn
sisters lovers friends

So sing me a lullaby lull me to sleep
with a song of the womyn, a song I can keep
throughout the night and all through my dreams
until I awake to what the new morning brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment