Sunday, May 11, 2008

SoNG: Scheming

Scheming
From Greenham Common Women's Peace Camp, songwriter(s) unknown
PeHP Source: Songsheets 1985; Average Dyke Band Dorm Room Recording, 1985
 

Sitting here scheming, you used to call it daydreaming.
Trying to figure out who in the hell I am, who I am.
I knew a woman she loved me, she placed no one up above me.
But things are moving to another time.
I’m going out of my mind and even my music won’t come to rhyme.
It refuses to rhyme.

I remember sisterhood, it used to make me feel so good.
But that’s all changed, we’re on another road, a rocky road.
And so many different things have helped to make me feel like a has been
I’m finding it hard traveling this road, this rock road.
Woman, I’m having a real hard time.

You’re playing with some new rules
Makes me feel like a fool
I’m trying to change but I can’t deny that you get me high
With your arms around me, I find the strength to be free
I could never explain it, that’s for sure, that’s for sure
Woman, I could never love you more.

I don’t want to feel cheated
I don’t want to feel mistreated
But I can’t pretend when you go away and you’ve gone away.
You’ve found another lover and the pain cuts deep
I’d sell my soul for a little sleep, I need a little sleep
All I need is some peaceful sleep.

Sitting here scheming, you used to call it daydreaming.
Trying to figure out who in the hell I am, who I am.
I knew a woman she loved me, she placed no one up above me.
But things are ringing to another chime.
I’m going out of my mind and even my music won’t come to rhyme.
It refuses to rhyme.
Woman, I’ve been left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment