Thursday, February 04, 2016

SoNG: Fight Back

Fight Back
Written by Holly Near
PeHP Source: Songsheets 1983-84
 
By day I lived in terror, by night I lived in fright
For as long as I can remember,
A lady don’t go out alone at night, no.
A lady don’t go out alone at night, no.

But I don’t accept the verdict
It’s an old one anyway
‘Cause nowadays a woman
Can’t even go out in the middle of the day!

Chorus:
And so we gotta fight back, in large numbers
Fight back, I can’t make it alone.
Fight back, in large numbers
Together we can make a safe home,
Together we can make a safe home.

Women all around the world
Every color, religion and age
One thing we’ve got in common,
We can all be battered and raped
We can all be battered and raped

Some have an easy answer
Buy a lock and live in a cage
But my fear is turning to anger
And my anger is turning to rage
And I won’t live my life in a cage!

No comments:

Post a Comment