Thursday, February 04, 2016

SoNG: Got My Feet on Solid Ground

Got My Feet on Solid Ground
Origin unknown
PeHP Source: Songsheets 1983-84

Oh, my back might be breaking and my head might be spinning around

I said, my back might be breaking and my head   
might be spinning around

But there’s one thing I know, 
I got my feet on solid ground!

My feet will hold me up, 
my feet won’t let me down
My feet are growing roots in this solid ground.

Oh, mama, mama, mama,
spread the news all over tow (which town, sister?)
There’s some women in Seneca
got their feet on solid ground.
Our feet will hold us up, 
our feet won’t let us down.
Our feet are growing roots in this solid ground.

Oh, my boots might be leaking and 
my trousers might be falling down …

Oh, my lover might forsake me, 
my friends might all let me down …

I may spread my arms wide open, 
 maybe nobody coming around

No comments:

Post a Comment