Sunday, January 07, 2007

SoNG: My Old Mum's a Lesbo

My Old Mum's a Lesbo
Written by Mica and Jen at the Greenham Common Women's Peace Camp, 1983

My Old Mum's a Lesbo is written to the tune of an old Cockney song called "My Old Man's a Dustman."
~ Becky Griffiths, Greenham and WEFPJ resident, 1982-1986


My old mum's a lesbo, she wears a lesbo badge.
She wears big dykie booties and she lives with her girlfriend, Madge!

She came to Greenham Common to help to keep the peace.
She joined in all the blockades and was dragged off by police!

The visitors ask questions, "How long have you been here?"
"How many women are there?" and "Is it true you're queer!?!"

When men come to the campfires, she takes a nasty turn.
She gives them a long lecture even though her booties burn!

The base has its attractions, she's in and out all day.
She sleeps there in the night time and that's why we say!

My old mum's a lesbo, she wears a lesbo badge.
She wears big dykie booties and she lives with her girlfriend, Madge!

1 comment:

  1. A convergence of events has led me to the site tonight. It is SO amazing. I'm in awe that you have spoken with Bird - wow. So many wonderful images. The woman with the guitar in Michelle's piece was a lovely,long-time inhabitant (I'm just blanking on her name).

    You honored (saved) our ass in 1985, Hershe, and now you and Estelle are doing it again. Thank you.

    Here is a possible website for Alas!: http://books.google.com/books?id=RJEYPXa-DxsC&pg=PA145&lpg=PA145&dq=%22alice+o+malley%22&source=web&ots=e1D22SCA4z&sig=NeIXGt4TygsWdBc8KsED52RqxR4#PPA8,M1


    much love - Andrea

    ReplyDelete