Saturday, December 20, 2014

SoNG: Crush Song

 Crush Song
by WEFPJ Average Dyke Band - hershe, 1985
PeHP Source: Average Dyke Band Songsheets, 1985-1987; Peace Camp GatherSing, 2008


Hershe playing the Crush Song at the Peace Camp GatherSing in Ithaca, NY, September 13, 2008. 


My heart races fast every time you walk past
And though I know it can’t last, it’s kind of fun
I get so excited that I know I can’t hide it
I had better learn to fight it, or something’s gonna come undone

You have your life and I need my time alone
This infatuation brings me to the danger zone

I don’t understand how with the touch of your hand
it gets so I can barely stand and I’m spinning all around
You must realize that when I look in your eyes
It shakes my insides and I lose track of the ground

You have your life and I need my time alone
This infatuation brings me to the danger zone

It’s not up to you and me, it becomes non-monogamy
And that leads to jealousy, it upsets house and home
It’s not so bad in theory but in practice it’s quite scary
It gets tiresome and weary, it’s better off left alone

You have your wife and I need my time alone
This infatuation brings me to the danger zone

It is up to you and me it becomes non-monogamy
And that leads to ecstasy, it opens up your heart
It’s wonderful in theory, though in practice can be scary
But with all these women near me, I know something’s gonna start

You have your wife and I still need my time alone
Two weeks from Tuesday I might spend some time on my own

No comments:

Post a Comment